What is the significance of making financial offerings in Buddhism?
How can I make financial contributions?
How will my contributions be used?
Are my contributions tax deductible?
Where can I get more information?
How do I enroll SGI-USA in my Employer's Matching Gift Program?
Many of the letters Nichiren Daishonin wrote to his believers begin with expressions of gratitude for their sincere offerings. He praises them for their support of his activities to share the humanistic teachings of Buddhism. Because SGI-USA is an organization that promotes Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism, making sincere offerings to support SGI-USA is a profoundly significant and important act. These offerings support the activities of SGI-USA members and efforts to share the values and practice of Nichiren Buddhism in communities across the country. Making financial contributions is a cause to help to lay the foundation for a more peaceful world while increasing each contributor's own happiness and good fortune.
As Nichiren Daishonin writes:
If you would like to learn more about the spirit of contributions, please go to Study Materials.
SGI-USA provides various opportunities to make contributions. Participation is entirely voluntarily.
- Sustaining Contributions. Contributors can enroll online, by phone or by using the brochure to set up automatic credit or debit card deductions scheduled to be made in monthly or quarterly installments.
- May Commemorative Contributions can be made from Saturday, April 27th through Sunday, June 2nd. Members may choose to make contributions during this time to commemorate both the founding of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism, April 28th, and Soka Gakkai Day, May 3rd.
- General contributions can be made by mail or online at https://portal.sgi-usa.org or any time you visit your local SGI-USA Buddhist center.
Financial contributions can be made in these ways:
- In person: Cash, Check, Money Order
- By mail: Check, Money Order, Credit Card
- Online: Credit Card, Debit Card. Click: https://portal.sgi-usa.org
- Gifts of Stock: Please Call: 855-SGI-2030 / 855-744-2030 M-F, 9am-5pm PST or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please make checks payable to SGI-USA. Thank you!
Contribution Mailing Address by Territory:
|East, Central & West Territory Mailing Address|
606 Wilshire Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90401
All contributions are tax deductible, as allowed by law.
The SGI-USA is an independent, religious non-profit organization. For that reason, the contributions we receive from members and friends are vital to support our kosen-rufu activities. They allow us to operate and staff our current centers and to open or renovate new Buddhist Centers across the country while setting aside a portion of these funds to invest for the future. In the past few years, your contributions have enabled us to further build and strengthen our SGI-USA network of peace, provide improved services and support to our members, and helped us to make new friends in communities across the United States.
For more detailed information about how contributions are utilized, please click on the following:
Yes. The Soka Gakkai International-USA is a religious, non-profit organization, recognized as a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. As such, all contributions are tax-deductible, as allowed by law.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our toll-free number at 855-SGI-2030 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm PST) or email us at email@example.com.
Some companies offer Matching Gift Programs which may match or even double your contribution to SGI-USA. Ask your employer if your company has a Matching Gift program.
Please note: SGI-USA is registered as a 501(c)3, "charitable", non-profit organization with the Internal Revenue Service.
Every corporation has its own forms and procedures to enroll in its corporate matching gift program. It may have specific guidelines about the types of organizations that will qualify for a matching gift. Therefore, please check with your Benefits or Human Resources Department. If your employer requires a contact at SGI-USA for the registration process, please provide the following information:
Chief Financial Officer
Soka Gakkai International-USA
606 Wilshire Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90401
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll-free at 855-SGI-2030.
Thank you very much.