In his message to the 46th Soka Gakkai Headquarters Leaders Meeting of the New Era of Worldwide Kosen-rufu, Ikeda Sensei said:
The decade from the Soka Gakkai’s 90th anniversary to its centennial in 2030 will be crucial. We must be even more determined to show victorious proof of our own human revolution, to transform all great evil into great good and to effect a powerful change in the destiny of all humankind.
The year 2021 will be decisive in creating the momentum for victory in the next decade, and all the more so because of the world’s ongoing struggle against the COVID-19 pandemic. Where there is hope, there is victory, and where there is victory, there is hope. With this firm resolve, let us continue in our various activities as we adapt to the new normal, holding high the banner of the Soka Gakkai’s theme for 2021, Year of Hope and Victory.
The way to realize kosen-rufu and Nichiren Daishonin’s ideal of “establishing the correct teaching for the peace of the land” is for each member to carry out the mission of the Bodhisattvas of the Earth in their respective endeavors and illuminate their communities and societies with the light of hope.
The following guidelines also apply to our efforts to foster successors in the youth division and future division as well as in Soka Spirit activities.
1. Hope-filled Dialogue—Build Friendship Through Personal Efforts to Engage Others in Dialogue
• Strive to engage in dialogue with those in our neighborhoods, communities and workplaces in order to build friendships and enable others to form a connection with Nichiren Buddhism.
• Further efforts to introduce others to Nichiren Buddhism, with the youth division taking the lead.
2. Hope-filled Encouragement—Make Our Districts Castles of Victory Through Virtual Visits and Personal Encouragement
• Through one-to-one encouragement and virtual visits, strive to increase the number of participants in district-level discussion meetings as well as the number of active members engaging in Buddhist dialogue.
• Ensure that discussion meetings are focused on personal experiences and deepening members’ conviction in faith so that everyone is inspired to take a step forward.
- The 46th Soka Gakkai Headquarters Leaders Meeting was held on Aug. 26 in Tokyo. Ikeda Sensei’s message to the meeting appeared in the Sept. 18 World Tribune, pp. 2–3.
- While the SGI-USA continues to hold all meetings online, it recently began allowing leaders, who feel comfortable, to do in-person visits by observing the following guidelines: Both participants should be healthy and willing to participate in the visit; they should remain outdoors during the visits; both parties should wear masks and remain six-feet apart at all times.